Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023

Day 14 (September 29) (E.B.) Science Museum / Isabella Gardner Stuart

I woke up at 5:45 once again, and this will be the last time because tomorrow evening we will be flying back to Switzerland. At 6:50, we all gathered at the Oak Grove train station to catch the orange line to North Station, downtown Boston.
Since we had plenty of spare time, Uma, Roxanne, and I took a leisurely walk, savoring the city for the final time. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and stumbled upon a small street market where Uma bought a dragon fruit.
When our spare time had passed, we regrouped with the class to visit two different museums. Half of the group visited the science museum, while my group and I went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. It was an impressive building with ornate rooms that reminded me of an Italian palace, which I found quite appealing. After touring the entire building, we were exhausted and found comfortable sofas to rest on. Finally, when it was time for lunch, we ventured to Chinatown with Mrs. MacFarland, discovered a restaurant, and enjoyed an authentic and tasty Chinese meal.


Later in the day, we returned home and had some free time before the Farewell Party. Each family contributed to the food, and my host mom baked a real American pie, knowing I had never tried one before. Spoiler alert: it was incredibly delicious!


The party was hosted at Nevis’ house, creating a cozy atmosphere with delectable food. However, we didn't stay long; after a while, people came to my house, and we listened to music, savoring our last evening together. We all gathered in the basement to avoid disturbing others, and the room was packed with people.
Once everyone had left, Sofia and I remembered our plan to finish watching the "It" movie together. We tried to stay awake, but our efforts were short-lived as we kept dozing off and eventually retreated to our respective rooms. As I lay in bed, I couldn't help but feel sad about leaving tomorrow, but fatigue overcame me, and I drifted into a deep sleep.
Until next time!









































































































































































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.