We started
the day like most of the last ones, at the train station in Reading at 8:10. We
took the train to North Station and, for the first time, the subway. On our way
to the JFK Museum, we stopped at a coffee shop where everyone could choose a
drink. It was a surprise from our teachers, Ms. Mac Farland and Ms. Scherrer. Thank
you again!
We had to
hurry a little to make it to the museum in time. Before entering, we had to go
through security, similar to the one at the airport.
I really
enjoyed the museum. You could walk from video to video and watch the ones you
were interested in. There were real dresses worn by Jackie Kennedy, seating
charts she had drawn, and a replica of John F. Kennedy’s office. The last room
was dedicated to his final moments. Small screens showed different media
reports announcing his death which was really touching.
The
location of the museum was beautiful too. Through the huge glass walls, you
could see the sea.
In the
afternoon, we were free to do whatever we wanted. Our teachers suggested places
such as the Boston Public Library or the USS Constitution. I chose the library,
and it was really impressive. I was very surprised that a building so beautiful
from the outside could be even more majestic from the inside.
Instead of
going straight back to Reading, we spent the late afternoon walking through
Boston and making our way to Fenway Park in time for the Red Sox game that
evening.
To be
honest, I didn’t really understand most of the rules, but the atmosphere was
unbelievable. Since we didn’t know how long the game would last, we left a bit early
and took the subway back. It wasn’t until later that I found out that the Red
Sox had won!







Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.