Today, I slept in, so by the time I got up it was
already 10 am. After that, I went brunching with my host family at a local
place in Reading. I ordered cinnamon apple French toast, which tasted simply
delicious.
After that, my host sister, my host mom and I drove
over to Cosco. That was a crazy experience. Cosco is a big warehouse that mostly
sells groceries, but also holds a pharmacy, has a clothes section, a wide
selection of IT-devices, house décor as well as mechanical services; basically
everything you can think of. The packing sizes of the groceries were not abnormally
big and the items came in packs of four, at least. So, shopping at Cosco was a
real American experience, because I find everything in America huge!
Later on, my host sister and I went pottery painting
at a really cute place in Reading. We both painted a tray to serve food on.
Caroline painted hers pink with lemons and limes on it, and I drew a bunch of
small colorful fish on mine.
I was inspired to do that by the place we had been to the
day before, when we had been to Rockport, an artsy little town by the ocean.
There, these small colorful fish were everywhere, no matter if painted on the
walls or in the small, cute shops.
Our pottery will be burnt and ready to be picked up in
a few weeks, when I am no longer in Boston. I am very excited to see how it
turned out when Caroline brings me mine in April, when she visits Basel!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.