Donnerstag, 28. September 2023

Day 10 (September 25) (C.C.) - Cambridge / Harvard

Today, we met at the Oak Grove once again. It was 6:50 a.m., I know, quite early. As usual, we boarded the orange line, but for the first time, we decided to switch to the red line and traveled all the way to Cambridge, more precisely, Harvard Station. When we exited the T-Station, it was raining, but I didn't mind because the gates of the famous Harvard University stood directly in front of me. I had been eagerly anticipating this moment, as I had read extensively about this renowned institution of learning and had been captivated by such prestigious schools for as long as I could remember. It was an exceptionally special moment for me.
We strolled around the campus for a while before making our way to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, where we explored the various exhibitions. The exhibition that intrigued me the most was the new glass flower exhibit. It featured an incredible collection of exquisitely preserved flowers, with one intriguing twist—they were not real flowers at all but rather meticulously crafted from glass. This collection was made by Leopold (1822-1895) and Rudolf Blaschka (1857-1939). These flowers are one of Harvard University’s most famous treasures. Over the course of 50 years, from 1886 through 1936, the Czech Blaschkas (a father and a son) produced 4,300 glass models.

After our visit to the museum, we enjoyed some coffee and had free time to do as we pleased. So, my friends and I decided to visit the Harvard Bookshop, where I indulged myself with two new books. We also embarked on a leisurely stroll to a thrift shop that had been recommended to us, and it turned out to be a fantastic find. The shop had a delightful selection of both charming and amusing clothing items, as you can see in the pictures.
Afterward, we returned to Wakefield. All in all, it was another remarkable day in Boston.

 


 


 
 
 

 
 


 





















































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.