Donnerstag, 28. September 2023

Day 9 (September 24) (A.L.) - Sunday

 Today was very funny. In the morning David and his partner Dina picked me up to go to Target as my partner Stella had hockey practice and would need to work the entire afternoon. When we got to Target, I thought it was weird that they also had groceries as we don't have those in our Target in Australia. After that we went to Panera to get some sandwiches for lunch. They were incredibly delicious but just like every other restaurant I've visited here the portions were far too big for us.
Later on, we met up with Nils, Miron, Alexandra and their partners to go apple picking. It was a beautiful orchard with a bunch of different types of apple trees. As we got further and further into it, I spotted some people who had a long red metal rod with a grip up the tip to pick the apples further up the trees. I jokingly told Miron we should get two and have two people on two other shoulders run up to each other and participate in a jousting tournament like knights did in the Middle Ages. From there on the hunt was on to find two. It wasn't long until we both returned with one each. I had David get on my shoulders and Miron had Deidre on his. Alexandra called 3, 2, 1... and off we went. Next thing I knew I felt a hit to the side of my head and so lost my balance sending David flying face forwards towards the ground. We both cracked up laughing. Though you might think this result would raise some concern and make me think about my actions I felt no regret. We had a blast!
After we finished picking our apples, we got some food from their farm shop and made our way to a thrift shop. Though most of us had planned to go together we seemed to have missed each other but David, Dina and I had each other’s company to give recommendations. I found a nice sweater that I like even though they both called it a grandpa's sweater. I found some fun sunglasses too and finally I bought a wig. You might wonder why I need a wig and to be honest I really didn’t, but it was only two dollars and in the heat of the moment it seemed like the funniest thing to buy.
Thereafter we went to Dina's house. Her family invited me to stay with them for dinner as they were having a BBQ. I thought it was only going to be David, Dina, me, and Dina's family but eventually more and more family members showed up. I had nice chats with them about our exchange and what Switzerland is like. After we finished our dinner there were a bunch of different cakes to choose from. Only then when they started singing happy birthday did David and I realised it was someone's birthday party. Though we were singing along we had no Idea who we were singing for, but it was still very nice. Later David and Dina drove home again where I started to write this blog entry.

 


 

















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.