Samstag, 23. September 2023

Day 6 (September 21) - Freedom Trail and North End (Boston) (S.K.)

 Hi everyone!

When I woke up today, I was in a big rush. My alarm rang at 5:45, and after what felt like 10 minutes, my host sister and I left the house. I still need to get used to driving everywhere by car. After a ride on the orange line, we arrived in Downtown Boston. It was freezing cold, but the sun was shining. We directly started with the Freedom Trail. The city was still quiet and calm. During the trail, we all held our presentations. We learned about the American Revolution, the Boston Massacre, and the Atlantic trade and its connection to the slave trade. After a few stops, we got some bagels because we were starving. I had an avocado bagel. I'll miss this bread so much in Switzerland. But back to the Freedom Trail. We were not only looking at historical sites, but we also saw the city waking up. In the end, it was hot and crowded in the city. 

When we were done with the trail, we explored the city in groups. I went to a café with my friends. We bought iced coffee and ate sandwiches in the North End. I love this neighborhood. It felt very European and international. We relaxed in the sun and got to rest for a bit. Then we decided that we wanted to do some shopping. We went to a store called Marshals where everything is discounted. I bought mascara. Somehow we spent the whole afternoon catching up and enjoying the sunny weather. 

After a long day in the city, we got home. My host sister was still at practice when we got there. The host mom of a friend of mine was very kind and took me on a ride. I got invited to stay at their place for a bit, and my friend and I were so tired we just watched a show. I think I am going to sleep very well tonight because I'm so exhausted. I'm already excited for tomorrow. We are going to do whale watching, and I hope we'll see those amazing animals in the ocean! 



 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.