Montag, 25. September 2023

Day 8 (September 23) Weekend (A.S.)

 

Finally! Today, we were able to sleep in for the first time this week. I woke up after a refreshing 9-hour sleep. My host mom had already left with the youngest son of the family for his hockey game.

 

Sports play a significant role in their lives! Just last weekend, they drove four hours one way to attend one of his games. The entire family participates in multiple competitive sports and practices them daily. But I believe it's quite common in the US. They also have friends on the team, which will benefit them in securing scholarships for college later on. The games are important events for the entire school, even if you're not playing; you go to watch, especially for football and generally more so for boys' sports. Sometimes, I wish we had school sports like this back home, something you can truly focus on. However, I also think it can create unnecessary pressure in an activity that is a hobby.

 

In the morning, my host sister and I watched "Gilmore Girls." It gives me a cozy autumn feeling, which is perfect now that the weather is starting to cool off. I'm surprised that many things you see in movies about the US are actually true! Later, we had lunch at "99 Restaurants" with some other exchange students. Going out to eat is much more common here!

 

In the evening, we visited "Spooky World," featuring various haunted houses. It was scary but fascinating to see, considering we don't have anything like that in Switzerland. It's a bit sad that we'll miss Halloween, as I understand it's a big deal here. The stores have already begun decorating for it. How exciting!

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.