Sonntag, 22. September 2024

Saturday, September 22

Today, I slept until 11am, while my host brother had to get up early to go to a football game. When he came back, we decided to go eat at Taco Bell and, afterwards, check out some thrift stores. At Taco Bell I had a burrito and, obviously, a taco. It was a little bit underwhelming, I must admit, but I was glad that I got to try it. 

The thrift stores we went to were huge and it was impossible to look through all the clothes. I was still successful and found a scarf and a T-shirt.

In the evening, we went to Boda Borg, which is a huge building with a large number of escape rooms. We met some other Swiss and American students there and together we tried to get out of as many escape rooms as possible.







After Boda Borg, an American student invited us over to his house. His mom had prepared a lot of really good food and snacks for us, and there was a pool table in the basement for us to use. He also had two very cute kittens that everyone wanted to pet.








Sunday, September 23 

My day started with a beautiful car ride to another state where we went to the beach. Even though the weather wasn't the best the ocean looked very impressive. The huge waves and the cloudy sky could have come out of a movie. 



















After we got tired of the beach, we walked around a small town near the ocean. It had all kinds of shops and restaurants and reminded me of England. We went to two art galleries, and I saw a lot of paintings that inspired me. For a snack we bought the famous New England pastry called 'popover'. 












On the way back home, we stopped at a seafood restaurant and I ordered fried calamari, baby shrimp and clams. It was the best fried seafood I have ever had. 







In the evening we decided to take the commuter rail to Boston. We rented some bikes and rode through the busy city. Even though there were some reckless drivers it was really fun. When it got dark all of the skyscrapers lit up and the view was simply magical.



Lena

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.