Samstag, 21. September 2024

Today, the weather has greatly improved from yesterday, meaning we could go to the Red Sox baseball game at Fenway at noon, which I was really excited about. I got to sleep in and was then picked up by Muriel and her host sister Drew. I got to know her parents who told us that Fenway is the oldest baseball stadium in all of America.  


Once there, I met up with my host sister Sophie, who had had a softball game in the morning, and we sat next to everyone and watched the game. Even though I didn't know much about baseball, I picked up the rules quite quickly and it turned out to be really fun. The atmosphere at the stadium was just so enjoyable, with music blasting loudly and everyone cheering. It turned out to be much more fun than football in my opinion.  







Afterwards, the group split up and I went with Li and Ainoa and their host brothers Nolan and Matthew for a walk in Boston. My host sister had to go to work right after, so she wasn't able to come along. We walked past all the places we had seen on our tours during the past week, stopping at the Boston Common park to sit and talk. I have definitely fallen in love with the mixture of modern skyscrapers and the older red-brick buildings in the city. Boston gives me the same vibe as London, another city that I love. The sun was shining and I enjoyed talking to my friends and their host brothers, they're all very cool people.  
  











Then we walked to the train station to go back home, and Nolan's mom met us halfway and dropped me off at home. My host mom came back with Sophie shortly after, and she'd brought me a takeaway meal at the restaurant where Sophie works, called Tavern in The Square. I'd already been there last Sunday with her and my host mom and loved the tater tots, so my host mom brought me those again. I had never had them before coming to America, and they're like French fries but in a circular shape, with different sauces and flavors on them. This was the perfect ending of a unique day.  
  











I've been able to experience many different things over the past few days, none of which I regret at all, but getting home earlier and having some time for myself was good too for a change. I could restore my energy and now I'm looking forward to the things in store for the week to come! 
  
Camilla

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.