Sonntag, 15. September 2024





Travel day

Our journey began early, meeting at Basel SBB before heading to Zürich airport. The flight was long (7.5 hours!), but we were buzzing with excitement. After landing in Boston, I was nervous to meet my host family. Thankfully, Carson, my host partner, spotted me quickly and we headed to his house where I met his adorable dog called Taco.









Fishing 

The next day started early with a boat trip around Rockport. Captain George, who led the trip, was cheerful and had a boat packed with fishing gear. We fished for mullet first, then tried our luck with striper and cod. Though it took time, we eventually caught some, which was super rewarding.










Jumping into the Cold Ocean

During the trip, we had a chance to swim in the ocean. It was freezing (15°C), but Captain George even let us jump off the roof of his boat! That was a thrill and made the cold plunge worth it.





Seals and Ice Cream

After spotting seals lounging on rocks, we headed back to shore. That evening, Carson’s family took me to Cal’s ice cream, known for its giant portions. My cone was huge, and finishing it was a challenge, but the ice cream was so delicious that I couldn't resist. It was the perfect end to a long day!


Edouard

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.